UK Scrappers Christmas Countdown - 6th Day

Are you fed up with Christmas cards yet....No? Good as here is another one and I have used a Stampin Up! Die - I cannot take full credit for this card as it is adapted from a card I saw on Pinterest - yes shock, I've actually made something instead of just pinning it!!
So welcome to my blog, and welcome to UK Scrappers Christmas Countdown.

There are a few photos of some of the tools I have used - a couple of circle punches and a tag punch.
Two different styles of embossing folder - a snow flurry and stars and a village die.
I have also used one of my Starlight paints - these are gorgeous paints - I was introduced to these at the GoGo Getaway retreat - they are stunning!
Quiet a thick paint - and a very little goes a long way!
I have watered mine down as this is easier for paint splatters and dries quickly to leave a gorgeous silver shimmer.
The white card was embossed using the star folder and I have splashed some watered down Starlight paint.
The trick with the die cut is to stick it with a tiny bit of glue on to the pale blue cardstock. I then used my 2.5 inch circle punch, and punched out both the blue cardstock and die cut village.  Removed the die cut from the 2.5 inch circle. Punched a 2.25 circle out and embossed using the snow flurry embossing folder.  Stuck the embossed 2.25 circle onto the 2.5 circle and then stuck the village die cut out onto the circles using 3D foam pads - I am hoping you can see this from the photos below. 

I have used the label punch to punch out the label and I have stuck this behind the circles and added some twine to make it look like a bauble.
The whole ensemble is then glued to a navy card and here is my finished card below - I added a 'Merry Christmas' sentiment to the diecut village image. 
If your require anything from Stampin Up! I am conveniently a Stampin Up demonstrator and you can order anything direct from my website here.
 
Thanks for taking the time to look, and please pop a comment on my blog to let me know you have visited - Love and Hugs Sarah x x x
ps: come back later in the month for cupcakes! 


Comments

MiniOwner said…
Wow! Yes a super card. Thanks for joining in the Christmas Countdown on UK Scrappers, Sarah.
xx
Scrapmate said…
What a great festive card! I love the splatters.

Popular Posts