UK Scrappers Weekly Challenge - Sept Wk 1

This weeks challenge was to try a new technique, use an embellishment you've been saving, sewing and bling. - this is my page below.  I found this little photo hidden in a box taken of my boys back in 2003, and like they say every photo has a story - this was when England won the Rugby World Cup against Australia, the boys are in their rugby shirts and the original photo was sent to Australia for Grandad to proudly display and gloat! However I do remember this photo being taken and neither of the boys were happy and poor Sam was having a particularly difficult day, so to for the photographer to get a semi decent photo that day was incredibly difficult!
Now I challenge you - stop pinning those fabulous pages on Pinterest and get scrap-lifting them! I know we all so it - so go to your boards find a page and scrap-lift it! The original one below was my inspiration (but actually turned out quiet different) was pinned from a French blog here.
I did try a new technique - which I have seen lots of times done by my friend Karen, but it always seemed messy and I'm not a messy person - I don't like inky fingers and I'm impatient to wait for things to dry.  So I gave using the 'Packing Technique' a go - it revived my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists too! - there is a good YouTube video here.  I have used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist colours - Denim Blue, Sunshine and Peach Delight.

As you can see from the photo above, I have added sewing and plenty of bling and I have used my Nuvo Crystal Drops and the embellishment I have had saved for years - I think its a 'Burst Brad' - I had a few of them and I only have a couple left as I've been saving them, (why? I have no idea - but we all have those 'embellishments' we are saving for that perfect layout!).  I can't even remember who originally manufactured them!

I have used my current favourite paper collection - Cocoa Vanilla Studios 'You Rock'
As always, thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - come back again soon as I am active blogging again, and there will be more pages to show you.
Hugs Sarah x x x 
 
 


Comments

My Little World said…
Lovely page and I LOVE the new profile pic xx

Popular Posts